TITAN is organised in workpackages, which combine analysis of the role of circulation (WPs 2-6), with detection and attribution analysis (WP1,4,5) and modelling (WPs 3, 6) to arrive at an overall, synthesized picture of the causes of and contributors to climate variability and change over the early anthropocene (WP7).
- Workpackage 1: Causes of temperature change, and estimate of transient climate sensitivity
- Workpackage 2: Role of circulation change on temperature, precipitation and extreme temperature variability
- Workpackage 3: Contributors to the early 20th century climate anomaly and temperature extremes
- Workpackage 4: Sensitivity of sea ice to warming
- Workpackage 5: Sensitivity of Precipitation to forcing and warming
- Workpackage 6: Coupled ocean-atmosphere variability in the anthropocene
- Workpackage 7: The climate of the early anthropocene